The Bob Ashby Mentor of the Year Award recognizes an individual Member for outstanding mentorship of another procurement professional. The nominee is an active Member of NAEP who cares about the success of their mentee, their institution, and ultimately the profession.
A nominee must be, or have been, an active employee of a current Member Institution of the National Association of Educational Procurement and not a current Member of the Association’s Board of Directors.
The nominee shall be recognized for outstanding dedication to the procurement profession through the mentorship of another procurement professional. The nomination should demonstrate how the individual has personally incorporated three or more of the following criteria while assisting in the advancement of his or her mentee:
- The nominee passes on his/her learned experience and knowledge
- The nominee continuously promotes a sense of camaraderie within the profession, promotes team spirit within the Member's department, and facilitates positive communications
- The nominee has not only shown the Member the science of procurement but also the art of procurement within the higher education environment
- The nominee has shown the Member how to navigate the politics within the Member's institution
- The nominee introduces the Member to people who can be influential in the Member's career by encouraging continuous networking
- The nominee inspires the Member to achieve professional goals and provides valuable assistance to the Member in achieving those goals
- The nominee is the go-to person for answers to especially vexing problems
- The nominee will be the person the Member remembers when someone asks the Member how he or she got started in procurement
The deadline to submit completed applications has been extended to Friday, March 6.
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION FOR THE 2020 BOB ASHBY MENTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD TODAY!