Welcome to the 2019 NAEP Supplier Diversity Institute (SDI)!
Who Should Attend?
- Campus Supplier Diversity leaders
- Directors of Procurement
- Business Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Other individuals responsible for supplier diversity
Full Registration: $600 for NAEP members, $800 for non-members
(members, please be sure to sign in to automatically receive the discounted rate!)
Select a Tier based on your experience level
Tier I - New to Supplier Diversity (Certificate Program)
Session 1: Overview of a Supplier Diversity Program
Session 2: Your Role in the Organization
Session 3: Metrics & Reporting
Session 4: Who's Out There
Session 5: Program Kick-Off
NOTE: Individuals interested in this 5-hour assessment-based certificate course must attend all five modules and complete an assessment before receiving their certificate.
Tier II - Intermediate to Advanced (Non-Certificate Program)
Session 1: Tools for a Sustainable Supplier Diversity Program
Session 2: Supplier Diversity Demand Control Schema in Strategic Decision Making
Session 3: The Present & Future of Supplier Diversity (for both Tier I and Tier II attendees)
*SDI attendees who wish to attend the 2019 NAEP Annual Meeting (Tuesday PM - Wednesday PM) may purchase the "PLUS Annual Meeting" ticket ($200 for NAEP members, $295 for non-members)
Sunday, April 7
12:00 - 7:00pm: Welcome Reception w/ food, drinks and great networking activities - you won't want to miss!
Monday, April 8
Wear Your School Colors/Team Jersey Day!
8:45am Welcome Remarks / Opening Keynote - Sekou Andrews
11:00am Breakout Sessions
Afternoon Breakout Sessions / Refreshment Breaks
6:45pm Host Event - join us for food, drinks, games and watch the NCAA Final Four basketball game @ No Other Pub. Wear your favorite basketball jersey!
Tuesday, April 9
6:45am Fun Run/Walk (optional)
9:00am Diversity and Inclusion Panel Discussion
11:00am Breakout Sessions
Noon Closing Session with Lunch, Keynote Speaker and E&I Fireside Chat
Program concludes 1:45pm
Thanks to our Sponsor!
Included with your registration:
Breakfast Monday - Tuesday
Lunch Monday - Tuesday
Refreshment Breaks Monday - Tuesday
Networking Receptions/Host Event Sunday - Monday (heavy hors d'oeuvres)
Hotel Reservations & Kansas City, MO
All educational sessions & meals will take place at the Kansas City Convention Center
Kansas City Convention Center
301 West 13th St
Kansas, City, MO 64105
Please click here to view current hotel options under the NAEP group
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) is approximately 19 miles from the downtown area and a 25 minute ride to the hotel. There are taxi services and ride share options from the airport to the hotel, along with SuperShuttle.
Please be aware for the following known scams:
- No one should contact you directly to book your rooms or offer you a "special discounted conference rate." If you receive one of these calls, it is a scam. They have been known to say they are calling on behalf of NAEP. In these instances, not only are you not in the conference block but there have been several instances in which the "company" will take your credit card information, give you a fake confirmation number and not secure a reservation for you regardless of charging your credit card.
- Anyone offering to rent or sell you the NAEP conference attendee list is not affiliated nor authorized to speak on behalf of NAEP. It is a scam.
- If you receive a phone call from someone wanting to speak to the 'tradeshow coordinator or the person who is handling this event from your side' or tries to alert you to a 'decrease in the conference room pricing' or 'very limited availability,' this is a scam tactic. Please ignore it and hang up. These companies are not affiliated with NAEP, and it is a scam.
- If someone contacts you claiming to be from the NAEP Conference or Exhibitor Department and is not with GES, HelmsBriscoe or NAEP staff, do not share any information with them. The company is not affiliated with NAEP, and it is a scam.
Registrant requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the NAEP registrar, Bill Alderson. Cancellations postmarked or received on or before March 8, 2019, are entitled to a full refund minus a $150 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made after March 8, 2019.
CONFERENCE NO SHOWS are liable for the full amount due. Substitutions are accepted and valid for this event ONLY. You will need to obtain the registration confirmation number for the person whose registration you will be using.
Attendee Participation Agreement
By completing this registration process, I agree and acknowledge that I am undertaking participation in NAEP events and activities as my own free and intentional act and I am fully aware that possible physical injury might occur to me as a result of my participation in these events. I give this acknowledgement freely and knowingly and that I am, as a result, able to participate in NAEP events and I do hereby assume responsibility for my own well-being. I agree I have read and will abide by the NAEP Cancellation Policy for this event.
NAEP plans to take photographs at the (event) and reproduce them in NAEP educational, news or promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including the NAEP website. By participating in the (event), you grant NAEP the right to use your name, photograph and biography for such purposes. All postings become the property of NAEP. Postings may be displayed, distributed or used by NAEP for any purpose.