August 8-9, 2018
Negotiation skills are critical throughout all aspects of colleges and universities especially in creating value for your department. Competition for resources, space, funding, equipment, and opportunities require techniques for successful negotiation. This workshop is designed to help procurement professionals understand the negotiation process while learning strategies for analysis, develop decision making processes, and define methods for negotiations. You will learn how to define interests, set priorities, and develop mutually beneficial strategies for all parties.
- Learn business interactions that involve negotiation and understand the many negotiation styles and strategies available to you to improve business relationships and outcomes
- Develop and practice techniques and skills to enhance your understanding of potential negotiated outcomes including ability to chart decision points, alternate solutions, and exit strategies
- Refine your understanding of positions, strength/weakness, and win/win tactics to improve outcomes in a shared governance model like higher education
- Understand elements of agreement, contract, and implementation
- Build a network of colleagues who have similar roles and responsibilities and who face many of the same challenges and opportunities
Key Take Aways
- Improved approach to professional and personal interactions that involve negotiation and give and take
- Toolkit for common interactions that involve everyday negotiation—personnel issues, budget/resource requests
- Understanding of common pitfalls in negotiations and how to mitigate those pitfalls
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for higher education professionals responsible for business administration in a college, division, department or other units including central administration. Individuals who regularly negotiate both internally for resources across campus and externally with third parties will gain perspective and strategies that will support needs of high-er education officers.
|Member Tuition - $575
|Non-Member Tuition - $775
2nd Registrant Half Off!
Bring a 2nd colleague for half-off the registration rate! NAEP is pleased to offer a special deal to encourage you to bring a colleague who could also benefit from this detailed and thorough institute on negotiations.
Both registrations must be completed at the same time. When you register yourself, select "Save and Add Another Attendee" at the appropriate page in the registration process and follow the prompts.
Hotel Information & Reservations
|The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
7795 Arundel Mills Boulevard
Hanover, MD 21076
Call 1-888-624-4011 or go online at www.hotelarundel.com to secure your reservations at the best available rate. Our discounted rate expired on July 13th and the hotel has not extended the discount.
Registrant requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the NAEP registrar, Sarah Woods. Cancellations postmarked or received on or before July 10, 2018, are entitled to a full refund minus a $150 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made after July 10, 2018.
CONFERENCE NO SHOWS are liable for the full amount due. Substitutions are accepted and valid for this event ONLY. You will need to obtain the registration confirmation number for the person whose registration you will be using.
Attendee Participation Agreement
By completing this registration process, I agree and acknowledge that I am undertaking participation in NAEP events and activities as my own free and intentional act and I am fully aware that possible physical injury might occur to me as a result of my participation in these events. I give this acknowledgement freely and knowingly and that I am, as a result, able to participate in NAEP events and I do hereby assume responsibility for my own well-being. I agree I have read and will abide by the NAEP Cancellation Policy for this event.
NAEP plans to take photographs at the (event) and reproduce them in NAEP educational, news or promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including the NAEP website. By participating in the (event), you grant NAEP the right to use your name, photograph and biography for such purposes. All postings become the property of NAEP. Postings may be displayed, distributed or used by NAEP for any purpose.