This workshop is designed to help procurement professionals understand the negotiation process while learning strategies for analysis, develop decision making processes, and define methods for negotiations.
Negotiation skills are critical throughout all aspects of colleges and universities especially in creating value for your department. Competition for resources, space, funding, equipment, and opportunities require techniques for successful negotiation. This workshop is designed to help procurement professionals understand the negotiation process while learning strategies for analysis, develop decision making processes, and define methods for negotiations. You will learn how to define interests, set priorities, and develop mutually beneficial strategies for all parties.
- Learn business interactions that involve negotiation and understand the many negotiation styles and strategies available to you to improve business relationships and outcomes
- Develop and practice techniques and skills to enhance your understanding of potential negotiated outcomes including ability to chart decision points, alternate solutions, and exit strategies
- Refine your understanding of positions, strength/weakness, and win/win tactics to improve outcomes in a shared governance model like higher education
- Understand elements of agreement, contract, and implementation
- Build a network of colleagues who have similar roles and responsibilities and who face many of the same challenges and opportunities
About the 2017 Negotiations Institute