The William E. Haas Memorial Scholarship represents $1,000 per award.
These are made available from NAEP to each Region on alternating years. Recipients are selected by each Region’s Scholarship Committee. The scholarship award is intended to help pay for, or reimburse expenses associated with attending an NAEP Institute or Annual Meeting by those who otherwise would not be able to afford these professional development opportunities.
Please complete the online application OR you may download and print the .pdf application
All applications must be received by November 30th of each calendar year.
If printing the application, please return completed applications via fax or email by to your (regionally) designated representative (All applications received by each region should be forwarded to Stanley Cowan. All submitted applications will be shared with your NAEP Scholarship Committee.)
- Applications will only be accepted from individuals who are employed by an NAEP Group Member.
- Member is an active NAEP participant
- The same individual will not be considered for a scholarship in consecutive years, unless there are no other applicants.
- Members of the Region selection committees will not be eligible, but other applicants from their institutions will be eligible.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a written summary of the educational and professional benefits received from attending the seminar or conference related to the scholarship
* Please note you may substitute your Region or District name in place of NAEP throughout this application form