Contract Management Institute
The Contract Management Workshop is a designed as a series of practical hands on topics using higher education case study material to facilitate discussions in small and large group settings. In this two-day workshop, participants will work through a contract management framework that delivers a repeatable methodology and emphasizes opportunities to increase skills in managing contract portfolios.
A core responsibility for any procurement or supply chain team is contract management. If we handle these responsibilities at a best practice level, then our impact on customer service, financial stewardship and risk mitigation is enhanced and as a by-product the ‘brand’ image of procurement is significantly improved. The Contract Management Workshop is designed as a series of practical ‘hands on’ topics using higher education case study material to facilitate discussions in small and large group settings. In this one and a half-day workshop, participants will work through a contract management framework that delivers a repeatable methodology and emphasizes opportunities to increase skills in managing contract portfolios. There are five (5) key contract management components presented and discussed including: contract segmentation, key cost drivers, scorecards, effective business reviews and results tracking / data analysis.
The workshop will focus on the practical application of each component using live data sets. In-class time will be concentrated on “how-to” road maps and worksheets and the opportunity to learn from your colleagues. Presentations and class discussion will be facilitated in a manner to increase the value of what you can take back to your institution for immediate use.
- Practical “hands-on” higher education case studies to illustrate key contract management concepts and approaches;
- The definition of contract and supplier relationship management and key differences between them;
- Leveraging a proven and repeatable methodology for increased contract management effectiveness;
- Practical application of contract management techniques including Contract Segmentation, Key Cost Drivers, Scorecards and Business Review Execution and
- Creating greater value from strategic or preferred contract relationships.
Who Should Attend
- Contract officers
- Purchasing officers
- Business officers
- Any one who needs to know more about contract management
Jim Knight, Stonebridge Ventures, Inc.
Jim is the founder of Stonebridge Ventures. He has more than 30 years of consulting and business experience and has focused on the higher education industry since 2003. Jim has led several comprehensive strategic sourcing, strategic procurement planning, procurement assessments and organizational design engagements for university, healthcare and FORTUNE 500 clients. Jim is a frequent speaker at higher education industry events.
Jim’s passion to be a team member and help deliver substantial value in partnership with his clients was a motivating force behind his drive to start Stonebridge Ventures. He believes that strong collaborative client relationships produce substantial and sustainable results. Prior to founding Stonebridge Ventures, Jim spent 10 years at Huron Consulting Group where he was one of the initial Managing Directors. Jim was instrumental in helping Huron grow its strategic sourcing practice and later the procurement solutions practice for higher education.
Prior to Jim’s consulting work he was employed by Nebraska Methodist Health System for thirteen (13) years. During his tenure, Jim had administrative responsibility for several key departments including the business office, medical records, admissions and special projects. In addition, Jim led the supply chain group which included materials management, purchasing and sterile processing. Jim was responsible for the negotiation, execution, results tracking and overall management of all hospital contracts including medical capital equipment purchases.
Education and Certification
- Founder, Stonebridge Ventures, Inc.
- Co-Founder, Pathstone Partners LLC
- Managing Director, Huron Healthcare
- Managing Director, Huron Higher Education
- A “founding” Managing Director, Huron Consulting
- Initiated and grew the Higher Education Procurement Solutions Practice, Huron Consulting
- Key leader in building the Strategic Sourcing practice, Huron Consulting
- Senior Manager, Arthur Andersen Business Consulting
- 13 years of healthcare operational experience
- Began consulting career at Andersen Consulting (Accenture)
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Master of Business Administration, University of Nebraska
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Nebraska
- JAGGAER (Morrisville, 2017) – Facilitation of the Customer Advisory Board
- NAEP Annual Meeting (Reno, 2017) – The Importance of Talent Management, A Case Study
- NAEP Annual Meeting (Reno, 2017) – Customer Engagement Management, Key Insights from the Innovators Forum
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, 2016) – Contract Management Workshop
- NAEP Annual Meeting (San Antonio, 2016) – Strategic Supplier Performance, Innovators Forum Update
- NAEP Annual Meeting (San Antonio, 2016) – Facilitated Panel Discussion on Strategic Supplier Relationships
About the 2017 Contract Management Institute