Adopted November 12, 1996
Revised March 29, 2004
Amended and Restated March 1, 2005
Amended and Restated March 7, 2006
Amended and Restated March 4, 2008
Article I. Name and Origin
The name of this corporation is the National Association of Educational Procurement, Inc., and it may hereinafter be referred to as the "Association." The Association is incorporated under the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law of New York by a Certificate of Incorporation filed April 22, 1988, and has filed a Restated Certificate of Incorporation on August 31, 1993.
Article II. Purposes
The Association is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. Within this general limitation, the specific purposes for which the Association is organized and operated are to:
- provide for the open interchange of information concerning the purchasing profession;
- enhance the development and implementation of effective purchasing management among educational institutions;
- actively encourage cooperative relationships among Member institutions;
- maintain communications with NAEP regional groups;
- promote adherence to the NAEP Code of Ethics;
- provide opportunities for the personal professional growth of Members; and
- encourage and facilitate research and investigation.
For a complete list of our bylaws please click HERE.