The award will be given to those individuals who have contributed continued and/or extraordinary service to the purchasing profession and NAEP at the Regional or National level. These people have personally incorporated one or more of the following aspects of "Distinguished Service” into their role as an NAEP Member:
- Generating original, strategic, and innovative procurement-related solution(s) for their institution.
- Extraordinary assistance to NAEP and/or institution of a strategic nature.
- Mentored new members of the profession and inspired other procurement professionals to become active in the Association or pursue advancement within the profession.
- Helping to bring credit to NAEP and/or their institution with exceptional contributions to the procurement community.
- Helping to enhance the objective and excellence of the NAEP and/or their institution by obtaining achievements that display personal initiative and creativity.
- Contributing a one-time, outstanding effort that involved considerable risk.
A nominee must be, or have been, an active employee of a current Member Institution of the National Association of Educational Procurement and not a current Member of the Association’s Board of Directors.