KY Region announced Haas Scholarship Recipients for 2017
These KNAEP members were chosen to receive the Haas Scholarship for 2017:
Ryan Straus, Northern Kentucky University
Bobbi Carlton, University of Louisville
Congratulations to Ryan and Bobbi!
Kentucky Region congratulates the previous scholarship award winners:
- Jennifer Moeves, Northern Kentucky University
- Maxine Hardin, Western Kentucky University
- Danielle Burris, Western KY University
- Patricia Stewart, University of Kentucky
- Shawn Singleton, Transylvania University
About the Haas Scholarship
Almost 30 years ago William E. Haas, former Procurement Officer at Duke University, spearheaded a campaign for a scholarship fund to help Members attend professional development courses. Professional development helps foster procurement practices that are at the leading edge, and that enable our Membership to continually respond to the changing needs and goals of their universities with strategies that work.
Kentucky & National Award Criteria:
The recipients will be selected from all applications submitted to the KNAEP Scholarship Committee. The scholarship may be used to help pay expenses associated with attending a conference or seminar that is designed to increase the Purchasing knowledge or expertise of the attendees.
- Applications will only be accepted from individuals who are employed by an KNAEP member.
- To be considered for this scholarship award, a candidate must complete and submit the "KNAEP Scholarship Application" by the stated deadline.
- The same individual will not be considered for a scholarship in consecutive years, unless there are no other applicants.
- Members of the selection committee will not be eligible, but other applicants from their institutions will be eligible.
- Notice of award will be made by stated deadline.
- All applications received by the stated deadline, will be evaluated by the selection committee according to the following criteria:
- 20% Explanation of how the scholarship will be used. The specific seminar or institute that will be attended and what expenses that will be covered.
- 25% Explanation of how the training/knowledge will be applied by the individual
- 30% Benefits that will be generated to the individual and his/her institution
- 20% The effort and thoroughness put forth in the completion of the application
- 5% Letters of recommendation submitted with application
100% TOTAL POINTS AVAILABLE