Federal Procurement Institute
August 17 - 18, 2017
The Federal Procurement Institute provides specific information concerning Federal Government policies related to procurement for grants, contracts and cooperative agreements. It is designed to be a resource for procurement professionals who purchases goods and services in support of federally sponsored programs or research. The Institute will focus on the recently enacted Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards which introduces new requirements in the procurement process for grants and cooperative agreements. The new policies were originally scheduled for implementation on December 26, 2014, universities now have an additional year to comply.
As a result of this institute, participants will be able to:
- Know the difference between Federal grants, contracts and cooperative agreements
- Understand and apply the Federal requirements for competition which include Micro-Purchase, Small Purchase, Sealed Bidding and Competitive Proposals
- Develop bid documents which promote competition and include required Federal terms and conditions
- Understand the basic structure of the Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Identify and mitigate conflicts of interests as defined by the Federal Government
- Recognize items that are unallowable for purchase with Federal funds
- Understand the Federal concept of reasonableness when conducting transactions
- Gain an understanding of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards which are the applicable policies that provide guidance to Colleges and Universities receiving federal funds.
- Understand how Federal Government views “compliance”, through review of procurement related audit findings
- Apply the correct federal procurement process to any order
|Member Tuition - $675
|Non-Member Tuition - $875
|The Hotel at Arundel Preserve
7795 Arundel Mills Boulevard
Hanover, MD 21076
Hotel Rate:$149 per night
Convenient to transportation, attractions, shopping, Maryland Live! Casino, and dining, The Hotel at Arundel Preserve is a boutique hotel that’s more than just a place to stay.
In all of the hotel guest rooms, enjoy upgraded linens and bath amenities, stay connected with complimentary high-speed Internet, and catch your favorite programming on the 40” LED HD TV.
Travel to and from the BWI Airport and local attractions via the complimentary 24 hour shuttle service.
The fitness center is open 24 hours a day, and includes an elliptical, bike, treadmills, and universal weights.The Hotel at Arundel Preserve features both an indoor and an outdoor pool.
Call 1-888-624-4011 and identify yourself as part of the "NAEP" group. You may also use the group code 170816NAEP when making reservations on the hotel's website, www.hotelarundel.com. Make reservations by Friday, July 25, 2017 to be eligible for the discounted rate of $149 per night.
Registrant requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the NAEP registrar, Melanie Freeman. Cancellations postmarked or received on or before July 16, 2017, are entitled to a full refund minus a $150 processing fee per registrant. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made after July 16, 2017.
CONFERENCE NO SHOWS are liable for the full amount due. Substitutions are accepted and valid for this event ONLY. You will need to obtain the registration confirmation number for the person whose registration you will be using.
Attendee Participation Agreement
By completing this registration process, I agree and acknowledge that I am undertaking participation in NAEP events and activities as my own free and intentional act and I am fully aware that possible physical injury might occur to me as a result of my participation in these events. I give this acknowledgement freely and knowingly and that I am, as a result, able to participate in NAEP events and I do hereby assume responsibility for my own well-being. I agree I have read and will abide by the NAEP Cancellation Policy for this event.
NAEP plans to take photographs at the (event) and reproduce them in NAEP educational, news or promotional material, whether in print, electronic or other media, including the NAEP website. By participating in the (event), you grant NAEP the right to use your name, photograph and biography for such purposes. All postings become the property of NAEP. Postings may be displayed, distributed or used by NAEP for any purpose.