Contract Management Institute
The Contract Management Workshop is a designed as a series of practical hands on topics using higher education case study material to facilitate discussions in small and large group settings. In this two-day workshop, participants will work through a contract management framework that delivers a repeatable methodology and emphasizes opportunities to increase skills in managing contract portfolios.
A core responsibility for any procurement or supply chain team is contract management. If we handle these responsibilities at a best practice level, then our impact on customer service, financial stewardship and risk mitigation is enhanced and as a by-product the ‘brand’ image of procurement is significantly improved. The Contract Management Workshop is designed as a series of practical ‘hands on’ topics using higher education case study material to facilitate discussions in small and large group settings. In this one and a half-day workshop, participants will work through a contract management framework that delivers a repeatable methodology and emphasizes opportunities to increase skills in managing contract portfolios. There are five (5) key contract management components presented and discussed including: contract segmentation, key cost drivers, scorecards, effective business reviews and results tracking / data analysis.
The workshop will focus on the practical application of each component using live data sets. In-class time will be concentrated on “how-to” road maps and worksheets and the opportunity to learn from your colleagues. Presentations and class discussion will be facilitated in a manner to increase the value of what you can take back to your institution for immediate use.
- Practical “hands-on” higher education case studies to illustrate key contract management concepts and approaches;
- The definition of contract and supplier relationship management and key differences between them;
- Leveraging a proven and repeatable methodology for increased contract management effectiveness;
- Practical application of contract management techniques including Contract Segmentation, Key Cost Drivers, Scorecards and Business Review Execution and
- Creating greater value from strategic or preferred contract relationships.
Who Should Attend
- Contract officers
- Purchasing officers
- Business officers
- Any one who needs to know more about contract management
About the 2017 Contract Management Institute